Honda R/R install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda R/R install

Howdy, Ok on to next project for 1981 GS1100E. Just got Honda rr from Duane. Question is , in the wiring diagram and from what I can see on bike on leg from stator light green/white goes up thru handlebar switch and returns white/red to original RR. Do I cut this and just direct wire from stator (green/wht) to new honda rr or leave it that way ? Also do I still wire sense line to brake switch line. The other two are direct from stator no problem. Thanks

You wire the stator direct to the R/R. That means there will be spare wire left that you just tape back (IIRC R/W and G/w). Ther is no change to where you put the sense wire. You should also follow the single point grounding recommendations.

Comment

Follow the three wires from the stator. You will see two of them go straight to the R/R, the third one goes elsewhere, as you have mentioned. Note that there is a connector at that point. Where it comes back to go to the R/R, there is another connector. Just separate those two connectors, eliminate the useless loop to the handlebar and connect that third stator wire directly to the R/R. It really can't get much easier.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
      X