Oil Temperature gauge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Temperature gauge??

Oil Temperature gauge not functioning. How do you fix this? Any ideas ? Or do they all break?/ Thanx Mike man I hate electrical gremlins)

what specific type of gauge and if OEM what bike?

Comment

OEM 1984 GS 1150 Thanx Mike

Comment

Originally posted by madmikeracing View Post
        OEM 1984 GS 1150 Thanx Mike

Have you performed the tests for sensor and gauge in the OEM Manual? I would start there.

Comment

If it tests bad I have a complete plate from an 1150 with wires to the bullets.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

My Manual Finally came in a Haynes its not too good ,no mention of oil temp test at all ,,I went through it and double checked for test sequence yet other information was there. I was wrong regarding headlight control module (as I had been informed previously) what do I know not too much , so now trouble shooting the Bikes electrical, Im a bit ****ed about the manual but,,,cant have every thing, I wanted every thing to work on it properly like when it was new. NOW my friend has a FJ 1300 and already says he is going to blow me away, I may have to mod the Engine a bit. Later Mike

Comment

There are two established temp sensor resistances for automotive use. One generally European, one U.S.
              Assuming Suzuki used the US one, here's a start on sensor checking...

And here's one to give you the general idea....
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I have an 1150 manual but can't find it at the moment. The next best thing is to download the manuals from BassCliffs website ; he has the 1100's which are probably pretty close.

Comment

Found on my 1150 the wire had broken by the sensor input . stripped , spliced , crimped and shrink wrapped and once again functioning as it should.

Comment

Working...
                  X