Dyna 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna 2000

I'm pretty unhappy with Dyna right now. I ordered a Dyna 2000 DDK3-2 and it came with female pins on the crank trigger. I'm now a month into that return process. I needed a unit quickly so I ordered another from a second source and guess what; it too came with the wrong pins! Shipping is $12 each time and this is getting expensive! I'm hoping the second company will swap out the crank trigger and save me time/money.

Attached Files

Wow, so the dyna 2000 ignition computer cable connector end is female and so was the sensor? Sensor is indeed supposed to be male pin Molex. Seems if it came from two different sources that this would have been a more systemic problem at Dyna. They should have known this for sure. Dyna should have ponied up and shipped you a new one in advance of you having to return the original and refunded the shipping cost since it was THEIR problem. At the very least they should have sent you a return shipping label. I'd be dammed if I was going to pay for shipping on a DEFECTIVE product.
    http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
    1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I do not know what you have scheduled for races Ken.
      Would it be easier or quicker to give a local auto store a call and ask them if you could text a picture and description of what you have in the hopes of making a double male bridge connector?
      Or would that be located in a place where you could not do that?

I would be really steamed my self as that is not a cheap product.
      I guess if you have time get it corrected through proper channels, but if you do need asap could be a possibility?

Comment

good news! I called Dyna directly and spoke with Larry in tech support. He was stunned that two units got through testing that way. He's investigating. He also is going to ship me a correct trigger plate at no cost (after making sure the connectors are correct). I'm very impressed with the customer support I got from Larry - good job dude!

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
          Wow, so the dyna 2000 ignition computer cable connector end is female and so was the sensor? Sensor is indeed supposed to be male pin Molex. Seems if it came from two different sources that this would have been a more systemic problem at Dyna. They should have known this for sure. Dyna should have ponied up and shipped you a new one in advance of you having to return the original and refunded the shipping cost since it was THEIR problem. At the very least they should have sent you a return shipping label. I'd be dammed if I was going to pay for shipping on a DEFECTIVE product.
          amazing isn't it? and they are indeed going to ship a new trigger plate in advance of getting the return.

Comment

Good to hear that it's going to work out. Hopefully it wont impact your schedule.
            http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
            1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

It appears I found the first defective unit -- just my luck. Dynatek thinks the numbers affected are small. They were very apologetic and is shipping a new trigger plate to me, express, at no cost.

Comment

Working...
              X