Help has anyone used these coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help has anyone used these coils?

Hi My gs is finally running but its not. Its the coils that's the problem. All the genuine ones in the uk here are mega bucks.

Has anyone ever used these?

Are they any good?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
    James

I just had my left cylinder going child on me after riding for a couple minutes. I replaced mine with a 5 ohm set from dyna. You will need to make your own wires for them. They turned out great! Runs like a dream again

Comment

Do you have a link to what you bought? Iv found the dyna site but this its us based so not sure on costs? The genuine Suzuki in the uk are £106 (about $166) each

Comment

I can't speak for those aftermarket coils that you see there. But for a bit more money (but in my view, not a lot) you can get the Dyna coils (go for the green-coloured ones) with their excellent reputation.

Comment

Cheers guys.

Looking on the web page they seam better priced than most. Im assuming the DC1-1 should be fine ??
          Retails performance ignition systems including CDI's, coils, leads and aftermarket motorcycle performance parts.

Although AshesofAnother you mentioned using the 5.0 0hms ones?

Comment

The 5 ohm is better for points ignition. Dyna stuff is praised but have you considered used? Coils seem durable here's a current USA eBay item number 301625699989. (Sorry ,Can't link direct ,cuz link is too long)
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

cheers lads. For the price to get them to the uk I may leave the used ones as im not sure if they even work. Think I will go for the dyna 5.0 ohms and they seam reasonable enough. Just need to wait now as iv had to buy bits for my r6 trackbike. Damn thing started leaking oil last week

Comment

I actually prefer the accel coils znd wires. They are yellow instead of green a little easier to mount perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                X