Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
    I'm 90% sure that's a fake.

Why? Are there alot of fakes out there? It is painted different but is it really worth painting a SHUNT R/R and calling it a SH-775?

He is not showing the numbers but he does have 100% positive reviews although it is not in a language I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Why? Are there alot of fakes out there? It is painted different but is it really worth painting a SHUNT R/R and calling it a SH-775?

He is not showing the numbers but he does have 100% positive reviews although it is not in a language I understand.
      Well, there are many sellers that attempt to pass them (MOSFET) off as series, by quoting the Polaris number, but this fly sod has taken it further by actually putting the SH-775 number on the end - the second link shows it. Only thing is, the typeface, and the lack of a Shindengen logo, or the other designators on the end, make it look like a screaming fake to me.
      Why, it's almost as if some of these crafty sods read my observations on the matter and have tried to paint on some signage that would take in those who know no better. It would be a couple of years down the road before the stator gave up and the seller has your money, so he doesn't care, and best of luck trying to prove anything. These people aren't stupid (well, they are).

And for being worth it? Yes, if he's buying them in for a few bucks each.
      Last edited by Grimly; 06-15-2015, 09:18 PM.
      ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Well, there are many sellers that attempt to pass them (MOSFET) off as series, by quoting the Polaris number, but this fly sod has taken it further by actually putting the SH-775 number on the end - the second link shows it. Only thing is, the typeface, and the lack of a Shindengen logo, or the other designators on the end, make it look like a screaming fake to me.
        Why, it's almost as if some of these crafty sods read my observations on the matter and have tried to paint on some signage that would take in those who know no better. It would be a couple of years down the road before the stator gave up and the seller has your money, so he doesn't care, and best of luck trying to prove anything. These people aren't stupid (well, they are).

Your probably correct. If we have been getting the word on on the MOSFET and SHUNTs then perhaps they can't give them away. But I know there are other seller continuing to push them

Given that R/R is painted makes it real suspicious.

Comment

I asked the Seller:

Dear dacarmotonapoli-2013,

è questo un Shindingen Sh- 775 ?
          - posplayr
          This is the answer from the Seller.

Dear posplayr,

NO Shindingen
          GOOD QUALITY
          CORDIALI SALUTIDA PARTE DELLO STAFF DI DACARMOTOFIRMATO VINCENZO CARBONE
          Last edited by posplayr; 06-16-2015, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            I asked the Seller:

This is the answer from the Seller.
            Not a Shindengen, but it's ok, because we are the FRIENDLY Staff.

Right, sure, that makes it ok then, Signor.
            ---- Dave

Comment

Ordered SH775 from Partzilla £87 inc shipping and all duty, Electrosport stator £88 from UK
              Other than the three stator legs direct to the R/R is everything else just wired OE to start with, the R/R live goes into the loom unfused, but the loom is then fed from the starter solenoid fused,.....I know there is mention of adding relays and fusing individual circuits and of course the SSPB looks a worthwhile mod, but I want to walk before I can run, I have of course done the SPG.
              Thanks in advance, Ryan

Comment

New Electrosport stator fitted, SH775 mounted under battery box on original regulator mounts ( just cut the spot welded plate in the middle that is raised and it will just splay out enough for you to bolt the SH direct, should get a little airflow, but if i'm honest a bit low and near to the rear wheel/possible weather if it was an all weather daily ride) also ditched the inline glass fuse and soldered in a new blade type.
                All other connections twisted, soldered and heatshrunk and of course SPG on the original R/R mounting point.

New quick test results
                Static ( charged batt) = 12.7
                Ign and lights on = 11.9
                idle= 12.7
                2.5k=13.3
                5k=13.4
                rest=12.7
                Looking at them I would guess the battery has lost its capacity, it's had a hard time as its been sat for long periods unused by the PO and when it has been run it was over frying it.
                But it starts well, nice bright lights no warm connections, so I think I am safe to venture out on it and try shake the rest of the bike down, assuming I will do no damage to my new charging system with a borderline battery?

Comment

If you have a new stator and r/r and been attentive to the wiring the results are surprising. Sure the battery is a little low but not enough to account for 1.0v deficit at full rpm. I would go to the phase a tests snd measure voltage drops at 5000 rpm and go from there. If they are big fixed , if not looks closer at the stator

Comment

SH 775 from Polaris dealer here in UK price £80 inc of postage but they say they cannot supply the plugs as they are attached to the harness they say.
                    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                    past bikes. RF900
                    TL1000s
                    Hayabusa
                    gsx 750f x2
                    197cc Francis Barnett
                    various British nails

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
                      SH 775 from Polaris dealer here in UK price £80 inc of postage but they say they cannot supply the plugs as they are attached to the harness they say.
                      I trust the Triumph connector, as supplied for a tenner from Triumph dealers. It's been absolutely trouble free and provides good sealing.
                      ---- Dave

Comment

Hi do you get both plugs to fit the SH775 with the harness or do you have to order two?
                        1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                        past bikes. RF900
                        TL1000s
                        Hayabusa
                        gsx 750f x2
                        197cc Francis Barnett
                        various British nails

Comment

Insured and taxed the Gs this morning and popped the meter on before I took it out and it's 14.2 when I rev it to 5k, but the rev counter is not returning to idle, it goes down to 3kish then drops a bit at a time but is not anywhere near accurate, why this differs from yesterdays readings I have no idea, I was sure my previous readings were solid and taken with care.
                          I even tried two different meters today and was 0.1 within each other, I apologise for being a duffus, I can only blame excitement as I haven't touched any of the connections, moved anything or tightened anything up.
                          I need to look at the rev counter so I can supply some decent readings, sorry.
                          On the up side I have just done 30 miles trouble free, half of it with the headlight on and it hasn't missed a beat, so I can't be far off,although further investigation is needed to be sure.

Comment

Sorry, fastbysuzuki, didn't see your question, on advice by posplayr I just used female spade connectors crimped then soldered then heatshrunk onto the wiring which then plug onto the spades on the R/R.

Comment

No probs m8 hope everything goes well
                              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                              past bikes. RF900
                              TL1000s
                              Hayabusa
                              gsx 750f x2
                              197cc Francis Barnett
                              various British nails

Comment

Working...
                              X