flasher relay or resistor for led lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flasher relay or resistor for led lights

Hello all, so I have been working on a 1983 gs750 rebuild and I just bought new LED blinkers and tail light to go on do I need a new flasher relay like this one
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/281669271829?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE or do I need resistor like this one not sure how they both work
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/251466766051?nav=SEARCH thanks for any info mike

In my experience, get a no load falasher relay, resistors get extremely hot!

Comment

Go to autozone get an EL12 electromagnetic flasher $12
      Last edited by akckhim; 05-29-2015, 05:02 AM.
      sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
      1994 gsxr1100w
      1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Avoid load resistors

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post

Go to autozone get an EL12 electromagnetic flasher $12
          Normally electromagnetic and led. = fast flash

Comment

These are all I use. They flash at the same speed as stock and are easy to wire up. Terminal B is power, terminal is E is ground, and terminal L gets connected to the light blue wire that was originally connected to your old flasher relay that feeds the turn signal switch.

Comment

Ok so use one of these 2 flasher then.i have an autozone right in town maybe I will stop there my flasher now only has 2 wires so maybe that one is best then.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/251289748449...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                These are all I use. They flash at the same speed as stock and are easy to wire up. Terminal B is power, terminal is E is ground, and terminal L gets connected to the light blue wire that was originally connected to your old flasher relay that feeds the turn signal switch.
                Oh that one could actually work to did not read throughly one is for ground and power that can't be to hard to do. I have not looked at the wire diagram for the relay yet do we know Wich wire run to what on there

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                  Normally electromagnetic and led. = fast flash
                  Never tried it with led only smaller incandescent

Likes this one
                  Last edited by akckhim; 05-29-2015, 07:22 AM.
                  sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                  1994 gsxr1100w
                  1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by trucker View Post
                    Oh that one could actually work to did not read throughly one is for ground and power that can't be to hard to do. I have not looked at the wire diagram for the relay yet do we know Wich wire run to what on there
                    I just run a fresh power line from battery through a ten amp inline fuse up to the flasher then run a fresh ground either back to the battery or to a frame bolt. Then the light blue wire currently connected to your stock flasher relay gets cut and attached to the L terminal. The rest of the stock wiring for the flasher can be ignored. Just tape it up and tuck it away. Then use a couple good zip ties to mount the new flasher to frame near stock location.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
                      I just run a fresh power line from battery through a ten amp inline fuse up to the flasher then run a fresh ground either back to the battery or to a frame bolt. Then the light blue wire currently connected to your stock flasher relay gets cut and attached to the L terminal. The rest of the stock wiring for the flasher can be ignored. Just tape it up and tuck it away. Then use a couple good zip ties to mount the new flasher to frame near stock location.
                      Thanks that is what I will do then I got the wire harness out of the bike right now so might as well do it all now.

Comment

Working...
                      X