LED Signals Am I On The Right Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caleb,
    I think that indicates a charging issue. Switching to LEDs is not going to help that. Go up this thread and look in posplayer signature for checking the charging system.

Comment

I found this summer that when the headlight was on and in traffic i would signal at a light everything would dim when the signal lights came on (sometimes would even stall out)
      At low RPM's, there's not enough power generated, so the battery covers the rest. Results in slight dimming if the battery isn't super-fresh, or something is amiss with the generator and/or R/R, as already said. Shouldn't completely die though, if it does, most likely your R/R is on its way out. Replace it as soon as possible, or you risk damage to all kinds of eletrical components.

Source: This forum, and had the exact same symptoms, but got off light with a few burned out bulbs and damaged battery.

If you have a known good R/R, then you have to replace your stator, but if I'm not mistaken, it's not as pressing. You will need to charge your battery all the time though.
      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Working...
      X