Oil lite on a little?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil lite on a little?

So the other night, I was riding home and noticed my oil lite was faintly illuminated!
    its so dim I can't see it the day, but every night there it is! Any thoughts?

Not to be rude, but you are also saying that you are not low on oil?

Comment

Yea check the oil level, looked good.
      is that an indicator of low oil, I thought it was on off type light?

Comment

Okay, yes, it is an on/off if it is like mine. Are you sure it isn't bleed-over from another light? Mine is unmistakable when it comes on. Bright as the other lights.

Comment

No, I don't think so, I turned of all the outher lights, 78 gs 750 I can do that.

Comment

Before I start the bike, it full on.

Comment

It turns off when full oil pressure is reached. Maybe there is bleed from the other lights after it does so.

Comment

No, definitely is not bleed though, I did replace the light with a led but never had this issue for the first two months with this bulb.

Comment

Was the original light LED?

Comment

No, but like I said did not have the issue the first two months it was installed.

Comment

LED changes the resistance of the circuit. I'm gonna tentatively say that replacing it with an OEM equivalent incandescent will fix your issue.

Comment

I'll try the original, thanks

Comment

LEDs can light up with stray voltages that wouldn't raise a peep from a filament bulb.
                          Same on my XS - the idiot light that tells me there's a failed bulb is now on full time, because I haven't got around to telling the bike it now has an LED tail lamp. In the meantime, the fault-detection circuit is putting enough power through the tail unit to light up the tail lamp, which is a handy daytime running light in a way. I may leave it as it is and just pull the idiot light, but there might be a use for that (now spare) receptacle.
                          ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

it doesn't take many volts for an led to do it's thing. infact, an led will run full with just a watch battery. so if there is any stray voltage running through it, even miniscule amounts, that thing is going to light up. it may not be brightly lit, but you'll still get what you are seeing.

Comment

Working...
                            X