Kudos to Dynatek !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to Dynatek !!

So I have a 1980 GS550 that was my old reliable street bike for running errands and such. But I got another bigger bike, so this on went to two girls in succession so they could learn to ride and get licenses. That worked OK until I got the call that it would not start. Ought Oh, I'll bet the Ingnitor was going again. Happened once before. Bought a used one from OZ on eBay and it ran for another ten years. But sounded and acted like just like that old one. Hard start unless batter really up to snuff and was even worse when hot...

Already had the equivalent of SPG and other electrical mods to make up for aging wiring, etc. Relay fitted to power the black box and bingo - it starts and runs like a dream - for about three days and starts it all over again ... OK, I know this one

Have 98% complete spares bike, but also bad ignition. Thought about fitting points as I have a set, but ...

Read a ton on here about happy Dyna S customers and said what the heck. Bike(s) are for sale and don't want to dump $ into something going down the road, but buddy want both, so I need to get one running and reliable 'cause it's a friend and I don't want it coming back to haunt me ... In the meantime, I had contacted Dyna with inquiry about which one? Sent pictures of pick-up plate and such - no stampings of any kind anywhere key in on... BUT, the good deal is that Dynatek offered to send the other rotor if need be so I'm all set.

So buy a Dyna S for about $125 of the net and waiting for it to arrive.

Larry at Dynatek was really great and has been helpful on trying to get parts for an old Dyna III that I was going o resurrect for the parts bike if I can find a sensor plate. No longer available from the factory (hint, hint - anyone have one laying around )...

I will now have installed Dyna ignitions on three of the five Suzuki's that I have owned over the last 30 odd years. Yeah, Dynatek
    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2015, 08:13 PM.

i will never sell anything to a friend that isn't good to go and is just going to go mammories up just around the corner. i used the dyna s on my kz1000 and it's working pretty good.

Comment

Working...
    X