Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 Monitoring Unit Removal - update

Hi Everyone,
    Going into my 3rd summer with the '84 1150EF, last year it was a new stator, Compufire, tyres, fork rebuild with Sonic springs and deleted the anti-dive.
    This year it is just back on the road after taking the top end apart to replace the cylinder base gasket, new rings, valves lapped; also new clutch plates and stock springs, so far that pesky oil leak is gone.
    I have been living with random / flickering warning lights for brake and headlight, originally the tail light would also go on and off intermittently, but was fixed by wiring into the feed for the license plate light. A search had turned up this thread; it was now time to actually "do it"
    Thread: 1150 Monitoring unit removal
    Finding that NOS units were still available on ebay I did not want to mess with the main wiring harness, deciding instead to join those listed wires in the leads between the 2 connectors and that black box and cutting the rest. Luckily before doing any cutting I removed the insulation tape over the leads, and was very happy to find that there were already long loops in place between those terminals... so it was just cut all of the others and tidy everything up, with the harness plugs still there if ever there is a desire to replace the unit..
    This may be old news to some, but thought I would share... just in case.. no more flickering lights!!
    The knowledge and support of this group has been very much appreciated and I enjoy owning an older "classic" that looks and runs real good more than if I had purchased something new(er).
    Safe riding to all,
Working...
X