Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG, BRIGHT replacement turn signals for Gs models yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG, BRIGHT replacement turn signals for Gs models yet?

I know K&S has them but they are 35 bucks and i'm cheep..70 bucks you would think I could get 4 used ones NOPE.. I searched EBAY for 3 years.
    It seems all my bikes come with crap aftermarket signals that are broken, don't fit the square rubbers, or are too tiny to see and I hate this. Now another has bit the dust on the GR650. It simply fell off because the mounting was wrong.
    I am not opposed to LEDs as long as they are BIG, BRIGHT and I can make them fit.
    anyone care to weigh in, on this, the latest search for the perfect replacement?
    OR if anyone has a couple USED CHEEP rectangular rear that fit 850 ,gr650 etc..??
    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

What are the limitations to the "and I can mske them fit" stuff.? If you can make/bend brackets, there are gizzilions of ebay leds lights. Do you need a certain shape? I've been playing with different ones for years.many of the rated wattages are a joke, so buyer beware. Just picked up a smsll pair to add above the stock rear signals maybe next winter lens about 2 inch by 1.5 with 18 led . Plenty bright (I like to be noticed)with only 85 milliamp draw each
      Attached Files
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

as I suspected, the incandescent wins in my book..

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
          What are the limitations to the "and I can make them fit" stuff.?
          I meant ones that have the square post that actually FIT the bike...
          looks like K&S is the only thing going.
          I like the shock absorption that the original mounts have, and using any other method , to me, is , jury rigging

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
            What are the limitations to the "and I can mske them fit" stuff.? If you can make/bend brackets, there are gizzilions of ebay leds lights. Do you need a certain shape? I've been playing with different ones for years.many of the rated wattages are a joke, so buyer beware. Just picked up a smsll pair to add above the stock rear signals maybe next winter lens about 2 inch by 1.5 with 18 led . Plenty bright (I like to be noticed)with only 85 milliamp draw each

Have you done a review or at least opened up the blinkers to show pictures of what is inside?

Comment

"I like the shock absorption that the original mounts have, and using any other method , to me, is , jury rigging"

you can make your own shock absorbing mounts by using rubber hose, etc. get creative and have some fun!
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Where are you looking for those K&S sigs?Only on eBay?I got the ones for my 85 750 from the local dealer for $20CAD each.The ones for the 78 1000 where $17USD + shipping from Part 'N More.If I'd have asked my local if he could get them at that time .............At those prices it isn't worth it to buy used with the shipping to Canada

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                  Where are you looking for those K&S sigs?Only on eBay?I got the ones for my 85 750 from the local dealer for $20CAD each.The ones for the 78 1000 where $17USD + shipping from Part 'N More.If I'd have asked my local if he could get them at that time .............At those prices it isn't worth it to buy used with the shipping to Canada
                  $23 each on Parts N More. I just ordered TWO of em.. they look like K&S.. I'll see what they look like and report back!!!!

Comment

Yeah they have gone up a bit since I got them a few years ago now.Still a good price for brand new sigs.Both my sets fit right into the stock mounts so you should be good.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      Have you done a review or at least opened up the blinkers to show pictures of what is inside?
                      No, i just test them for 24 hours or so .Some have pitiful light output despite seller's claims (or wattage rating), so i dump them on CL. I waterproof the ones that I use with clear silicone
                      1981 gs650L

Comment

Pretty darn good for $23 each. They are plastic, not chrome but nice black with a metal chrome strip between the lens and body. the result is a double labyrinth seal. no rubber.. that's my only complaint but it probably is ok.
                        They have no ground wire, but I used a couple ground rings from my stash of old bike harness wires. If you needed you could make up a ground ring and wire.
                        The signals fit nice and secure, but still allowing movement in the stock square rubber mounts !!!
                        Upon trying one out, it is nice and bright!!!!!!!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2015, 09:03 PM. Reason: kant spel

Comment

blinkey blinkey
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X