Another charging issue thread (GS550)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phanham View Post
    Alright, looks like new stator sucks. Resistance is 1.1 for all wires, and I got good voltage from 2 wires, but nothing from the third. Any recommendations on a decent stator? Apparently Caltric is not a quality product...

There is Electro Sport and Steve has a rewinding service.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      There is Electro Sport and Steve has a rewinding service.
      posplayr, seems like I've read you feel Electro Sport is overrated. So can you help me find Steve?

Comment

posplayr, seems like I've read you feel Electro Sport is overrated. So can you help me find Steve?
        I have said the Electrosport SHUNT R/R's are old junk. So of the stators as for my bike (1100E) are fine.

Steve is a Member. His name is Steve; both of them

Comment

Alright, looks like new stator sucks. Resistance is 1.1 for all wires, and I got good voltage from 2 wires, but nothing from the third. Any recommendations on a decent stator? Apparently Caltric is not a quality product...
          Could be bad winding job, or you might have pinched wires where they get clamped with that bracket at stator cover bottom- a nick in a wire's insulation would cause problem.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

New stator and voltmeter (thanks posplayr). Here it is at idle; kinda hard to get phone camera to clearly show led, but is at 13.2! Note it shows 12-12.4 with ignition on but bike not running, dips to 10.7ish starting, bounces back to 12.4, then steady 13.2 once warmed up (despite rpm, sh775 does good job regulating). Voltmeter is tapped into same power and ground from relay used for coil mod.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X