Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrews coils on 82 Kat 1000 sz

hello GS' ers.
    I have been given a pair of vintage ( Red) Andrews coils. They have an impedance of 3.0 ohms so I believe them to be correct for my machine. My dilemma lies in the fact that these coils have neither a positive or negative indication on the brass screws as are on my stock coils. Nor they come with any directions.
    Along these lines I would ask any and all fellow owners on this site to enlighten me and to impart your knowledge and or experience in the installation of the beautiful coils. Proper connections would be great. The actual plug wires I think I can discern for all my exiting wires are numbered and can perform a coil at a time.
    I will attach a pic so you can see the coil. Thank you again , Ole Skool
    Last edited by Oleskool; 07-01-2015, 11:41 PM. Reason: Attach picture

The pictures didn't work
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

[QUOTE=Oleskool;2200887]hello GS' ers.
      I have been given a pair of vintage ( Red) Andrews coils. They have an impedance of 3.0 ohms so I believe them to be correct for my machine. My dilemma lies in the fact that these coils have neither a positive or negative indication on the brass screws as are on my stock coils. Nor they come with any directions.
      Along these lines I would ask any and all fellow owners on this site to enlighten me and to impart your knowledge and or experience in the installation of the beautiful coils. Proper connections would be great. The actual plug wires I think I can discern for all my exiting wires are numbered and can perform a coil at a time.

i

Comment

Originally posted by Oleskool View Post
        hello GS' ers.
        throse that wish to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it

Comment

image.jpgA picture of my coils.

Comment

Doesn't matter
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Either side will work for the 12vdc switched and the signal wire. Just take care with the screws you use. I have the dynatek 3.0 ohm coils and spark will jump from the terminal crew to the mounting screw and blow the fuse. I think it's more the signal wire that does it more than the 12vdc terminal. Either way, i replaced the metal bushings with plastic and haven't had an issue since

Comment

Thank you so very much for the information regarding the procedure to install my coils. Your the best.
                Oleskool

Comment

Working...
                X