Installing aftermarket turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing aftermarket turn signals

Hi all im installing aftermarket turn signals, my question is the wires on the new signals one is green one orange does it make any diff

erence which way install them or do they need to be installed in a certain way, they light up either way if i touch the wires to the battery , (their not led lights) thanks!

apparently not, but I would defer to the OP as the authority.

Comment

A little more detail would help, no more suggestions will be offered until we see those details.

Where are you connecting those two wires?

Are they the ONLY two wires?

Are you grounding the housing and touching those two wires to the battery positive?
      And finally, (this will matter when you ask your next question) ... WHAT BIKE ARE YOU WORKING ON???

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        A little more detail would help, no more suggestions will be offered until we see those details.

Where are you connecting those two wires?

Are they the ONLY two wires?

Are you grounding the housing and touching those two wires to the battery positive?
        And finally, (this will matter when you ask your next question) ... WHAT BIKE ARE YOU WORKING ON???

Give him rank and serial number and nothing else

Sorry sometimes stuff is too bobvious.

Since you're using standard incandescent bulbs, the center conductors are normally hot and the outside is of the socket is ground. Since you can power with the two wires in either direction I assume it is single filament bulb.
        Make the center conductor your hot.
        Last edited by posplayr; 07-06-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X