Need a little help wiring my GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little help wiring my GS1000

Ok it's been a while since I've worked on my 78' GS1000 and the service manual is tough to read. With kids, wife, job, and a new dog it's tough to find some wrench time. Any way I slapped the tank and seat on to motivate me on what sweet ride this could be if I just finish it. Any way my GS has a brand new wiring harness and I have a few connections I'm not sure where they go. Any info would be helpful.

Here's a shot of what she looks like now.

Here's the connections I need some help with. As you can see there's a red, white/red, green/white and a blue. My goal is just to get it running right now.

Not sure what and where these go either:

The B /w are frame grounds and the colored ones are for the R/r . All of that should be upgraded. The schematic is pretty clear on where they go.

Comment

This link should help http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ring%20diagram

As Posplayr said it is the ideal time to do some simple but very effective changes at this point.
      1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
      1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

The factory manual has good information on the routing of the factory harness. It would have saved me some time to have reviewed it prior to replacing mine on a 1000G. I didn't know the information was there.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
        X