Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice removing wiring gs850g

Hey all,

Looking for advice , tips, video on what electrical I can remove from a 1981 gs850g. Essentially at the end of the day I would like to have....

1. Signals
    2. Headlight
    3. Ignition
    4. Brake light
    5. Speedo.

I am certainly not an electrical expert and find wiring diagrams to be confusing. That said I am willing to learn and take my time.

Thought? Appreciate any advice thats avaliable.

Originally posted by Matt M View Post
    That said I am willing to learn and take my time.
    What you're saying is you want to remove the oil pressure light and the gear indicator? There's really not much else on there.

You will likely want to keep your charging system.

Start by spending a few hours reading about electricity and wiring. It really is simple stuff once you understand it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

This should get you started. You can add the lights as required. If you do LED, the get a SERIES R/R. See links in my signature.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Thanks for the tip and will do. I am doing away with the original instrument cluster and going with a single speedo no tach or instrument guages.

Comment

At the "end of the day", it sure would be nice to have a TAIL light, too.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yes sir it would.

Comment

Essentially I would like to do away with the instrument guages and clean it up to be a single speedo +/- warning lights. My thought was I would trace back to the fuse panel the wiring harness for the instrument cluster and remove it. Just didn't know if this would affect the function of the rest of the bike?

Comment

Working...
              X