No announcement yet.

1980 gs850glx 2 and 3 no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for this diagram will also aid with turn signals if i decide to ever get them going>
    Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
    Checking the voltage at the coil supply plug would be the first thing I would check. You don't have to fire up the bike, just switch it on and make sure the kill switch is made. Even by looking into the plugs you get a fair idea if its badly discoloured. Check between the live pins ( same colour on both plugs) and ground. Ideally it should be no more than half a volt less than battery.
    Here is a wiring diagram.

I'm with tkent02. Most likely wiring either at the coil supply plug or at the other end at the ignitor plug which also gets dirty.

Follow the wire from the 'points' cover back and it will lead you to the ignitor. Generally it will be somewhere in the neighbourhood of the battery box. Some thing the size of a cigarette pack only flatter.

Comment

look dude if you dont care kindly show that by shutting the hell up. there is no need for you here. i took your input on the ignitor and checked the conections on the wires. after your advice about the reading of the book im pretty much done with you. you dont seem to understand. i said i wasnt going to do that in my first post.
      Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      I aided. You ignored. We're done here. Save your insults for someone who gives a rat's ass what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by chasthanhburns View Post
        look dude if you dont care kindly show that by shutting the hell up. there is no need for you here. i took your input on the ignitor and checked the conections on the wires. after your advice about the reading of the book im pretty much done with you. you dont seem to understand. i said i wasnt going to do that in my first post.
        I know you have an overt sense of entitlement but you don't own this thread anymore than you own this forum. You offensive manner while only serving to demean yourself is of little consequence. However, allowing your behavior to persist is a de-motivator for anyone looking to actually help someone that does come here for help. Please respect this is NOT your house!

Comment

yes and thank you so much for your help sir.
          Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          I know you have an overt sense of entitlement but you don't own this thread anymore than you own this forum. You offensive manner while only serving to demean yourself is of little consequence. However, allowing your behavior to persist is a de-motivator for anyone looking to actually help someone that does come here for help. Please respect this is NOT your house!

Comment

Working...
          X