sH775 mosfet regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sH775 mosfet regulator

How do I test this before installing it on the bike. i am replacing the electrosport regulator that I bought 15 years ago.
    sigpic1979 GS 1000E:cool:
    Southside Chicago

Originally posted by bigbabee View Post
    How do I test this before installing it on the bike. i am replacing the electrosport regulator that I bought 15 years ago.
    Don't know how to test it, but if it really is an SH775, it is a series regulator, not mosfet. Series is what you want though.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
    1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post
      Don't know how to test it, but if it really is an SH775, it is a series regulator, not mosfet. Series is what you want though.
      Yep
      The SH-775 is SERIES based on an SCR design.
      The Compufire is SERIES based on a MOSFET design
      What people call "MOSFET" is SHUNT based on MOSFET design.

Modern regulators such as MOSFET and SERIES R/R's have a micro controller built in to make the R/R operate. It is hard to test without having the 3 phase AC excitation.

The tests in the manual are only for old style (SCR SHUNT) regulators(including Electrosport, Ricks, Honda, most of the chinese stuff you see) and do not apply to anything new.
      Last edited by posplayr; 08-18-2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

polaris oem # 4012941 CAM00062.jpg
        Southside Chicago

Comment

Yep, that's the good series R/R.
          https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
          1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
          1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

polaris oem # 4012941 [ATTACH=CONFIG]41568[/ATTACH]
            check the partnumber to be sure; it should say SH775XX

Comment

My GS1000 has a 15 A main fuse. would it be safe for me to wire this to my battery using 12 gauge wire and a 20A circuit breaker?
              Southside Chicago

Comment

My GS1000 has a 15 A main fuse. would it be safe for me to wire this to my battery using 12 gauge wire and a 20A circuit breaker?
                If by "safe" you mean, will not melt any wires? Then yes you are OK, but I would not recommend it.

Comment

polaris oem # 4012941 [ATTACH=CONFIG]41568[/ATTACH]
                  Hmmm.... did you buy it from a pukka Polaris dealer, or just some seller on ebay who quoted the Polaris OEM part number?
                  If the latter, it's probably a fake.
                  <edit>
                  I just noticed you said in another post you bought if from Motosport.com - in which case it should be genuine.
                  Last edited by Grimly; 08-18-2015, 07:13 PM.
                  ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

If you are blowing fuses you probably need to clean the ignition switch and then stay with your factory fuse size.
                    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Best to stick with original layout- study this explanation to understand why.

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X