1983 gs 750 es dynatech ignition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 gs 750 es dynatech ignition.

I have a 1983 gs 750 es with cdi problems. Will the dynatech ignition work on my bike to eliminate the cdi? I have a hard time justifying the cost for a new cdi from the dealer.
    Attached Files

No, the dyna needs the mechanical ignition advancer- your 83 doesn't have it. Maybe the advancer setup from the 82 or earlier could fit on your bike and then the dyna would work for you. Buying used ignitors is risky- new ones are ridiculous .
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I have an known good ignitor i'll let you have for the cost to ship it, if you want it. PM me an address...
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
        I have an known good ignitor i'll let you have for the cost to ship it, if you want it. PM me an address...
        Now that's what the GSR is all about!!
        http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
        1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Man, i have to say that it one really well done bike. I wouldn't be shy to ride that

Comment

Nice! Those "cheese heads" are good folks
            1982 GS1100G

....I've learned alot by making stupid mistakes..

Comment

I am going to give this a try on my 86 gs 550l

Originally posted by Electricshovel View Post
              I have a 1983 gs 750 es with cdi problems. Will the dynatech ignition work on my bike to eliminate the cdi? I have a hard time justifying the cost for a new cdi from the dealer.
              DIY ignition http://www.hondacb650.com/viewtopic....2cf9f7fb670e7a

To save you alot of reading, this was on 27, the last page

I used the diagram straight off the first page of this topic. I found two 4-prong DR100-matched aftermarket modules for $22 on ebay (used), two new aftermarket C849 coils for $26, a set of spark plug wires at Autozone for $17, and about $15 worth of connectors, heat sink compound from Radio Shack, etc.

I did not use the starter circuit with the resistors and diodes for a couple of reasons. This bike has always started well, and I wanted to see if the spark plug gap I used would be a factor in cold starts first. So far no problem at all starting.
              Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2015, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Wow, the O.P. only stayed on here for about an hour (long enough to read only the first reply) and hasn't been back since. No pm of course, he has no idea what he missed. If he comes back the offer still stands.
                Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                  Wow, the O.P. only stayed on here for about an hour (long enough to read only the first reply) and hasn't been back since. No pm of course, he has no idea what he missed. If he comes back the offer still stands.
                  No PM ? At least to thank you for your very generous offer? Strange world. Hopefully he wasn't just embarrased ! But maybe he's the ambitious type and wants to cobble something together.
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X