Completely Blank Slate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely Blank Slate

Lets just say hypothetically I have a bike with zero electrical components. What are the bare bones essentials I need to get on the road.
    My ideas are kickstart only, simple toggle ignition, no speedo or tach, and wiring to head/taillights and blinkers.

I am pretty new to the electrical side of vehicles so bear with me...going with the blank slate premise stated above, what components would I need to purchase?
    And are any of those components available in a newer, more reliable configuration?

Thank you, and I'm sorry if this is a topic that has been touched on before (if so point me to a specific link).

kinda like asking how to run a motorcycle without gas...... actually that might be easier.
    Last edited by posplayr; 11-06-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Nice 1st post
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

HI Whig Party and Welcome to the Forum.
        This site http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/ has suggestions for simple wiring diagrams in the electrical section.
        Generic components are available and you can select what you want and don't want from the bike's original wiring diagram.
        Hooking stuff up and getting it running is the easy bit. The hard bit is knowing how to do it safely with proper fusing, connections and resistance to chafing.
        A search through the projects/rebuilds section of the forum might throw up a project or two that would help. I know some of the Cafe projects run with stripped harnesses and small batteries.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I would have offered this up has teh slate not been so clean.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

haha you guys are dicks. I guess i deserved it for getting too hypothetical!

Comment

We're not mind readers so we have to take your Hypo-Psychosis at face value.

Comment

Working...
              X