Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1982 GS 750 e Oil ressure switch trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS 750 e Oil ressure switch trouble.

Having trouble with switch, Wire is good But switch is open to ground when no pressure. Bought new one and still open at atmospheric pressure? Not sure if switch should be closed at atmosphere and maybe I bought bad switch? Can't find any specs on Suzuki part # 37820-33D10. Any Ideas??
    Last edited by Guest; 11-21-2015, 03:22 PM. Reason: spelling

the connector turret(head) is grounded through the engine to light your oil light when the diaphragm is at rest. You probably have a bad wire if you bought a new switch. Simple enough to check the switch out.

Use ohmmeter to read between the connector turret and the threaded body. It should be a short until you push the lower diaphragm (what the oil from the engine pushes agains).

To check the wire, your light oil check light should come on when you ground the wire. If not could be the bulb is burned out. To test that measure the voltage at the end of the wire with it disconnected. You should see battery voltage 12V. If not either the bulb is burned out of the wire is broken.

Comment

Yes I even tried new wire ....looks like another bad switch.

Comment

Picture of switch

image.jpg
        Originally posted by Fancool View Post
        Having trouble with switch, Wire is good But switch is open to ground when no pressure. ought new one and still open at atmospheric pressure? Not sure if switch should be closed at atmosphere and maybe I bought bad switch? Can't find any specs on Suzuki part # 37820-33D10. Any Ideas??
        This is the switch. Not the top mount with plunger. It mounts on the oil filter cover. I have a new one installed and still no closed circuit to ground.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-21-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

If you refer to the manual the GS750EZ has both an "oil pressure switch" marked as #3 on the schematic and a OIL TEMPERATURE GAUGE marked as #1 on the schematic. This appears to be the latter item.

The test for the GAUGE(what is in the dash) is on page 12-48 of the manual. This covers the gauge only.
          I looked in the GS1100E manual for the Temperature gauge tests and they also do not provide values for the resistance of the sensor either.

best you can do is measure the resistance at ambient and then put it into hot water and see if it changes resistance.

Comment

Have aftermarket speedo- no temp light but has a oil pressure light. Not sure if this switch should be closed or shorted to ground like other pressure switchs. Trust me I know it shouldn't be this difficult but I cannot find any real specs on part.

Comment

Good luck.......................

Comment

hmmmm.......that's what I thought? If I figure it out I'll post the cause , btw Thanks for your input, everything helps.

Comment

Working...
                X