Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It probably works great on your GY6 scooter

Comment

That R/R will work great on your GY6, but will be useless on your GS. Looking at the picture of the stator, it appears that it is NOT a 3-phase stator, hence the fewer wires.

I don't want to sound harsh, but I see this far to often. While it is nice to have initiative and try to do things on your own, if you are getting ready to buy something that you are not sure is going to work, ask on the forum if it will work before you spend (waste) your money. If you get something that was recommended, then can't figure out how to wire it, come back again and ask how to wire it.

I had one bike in my shop recently that I was refurbishing. The owner (first-time motorcycle owner) would bring me one accessory or another and say "I'd like to put this on the bike." I would have to show him why it would not fit. I asked him more than once to run those ideas past me before buying them, I'm not sure he fully caught on.

That was certainly an attractive price on that GY6 R/R, but unless you found one locally, the shipping must have been HORRENDOUS.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Haha thanx guys. I found it locally and very cheap. All I need now is to go and find a GY6 scooter. Cant wait...
        Last edited by Vloukole; 11-22-2015, 02:35 PM.
        sigpic 1980 GS550E

Comment

I got a nice used R/R on ebay for like $25, it came off a Honda Goldwing. Solved all my charging issues, been running great for years. Just make sure you do research as Exactly which kind of R/R you need, there are many different types!

Comment

Been picking up SH-775's for around $40 used on ebay. Toss the one you have and go with what's known to be good.
            http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
            1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
            X