DB Electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DB Electrical

Saw this on Amazon looking for SH775... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZYNGIAO?...sp_detail_page

This is their company site... http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-13597-...2011-2014.aspx
    41qwlyUTt-L.jpg

It is NOT REAL

Dear posplayr,

All of our parts are brand new aftermarket parts. This isn't an OEM SH775.
    Thanks, DB Electrical
    Click the Respond button to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: dbelectrical
    Subject: Re: Other: posplayr sent a message about New Voltage Regulator Rectifier for 760cc Polaris 800 RZR 2011-2014 #141696818748
    Sent Date: Nov-16-15 10:34:35 PST

Dear dbelectrical,

If it is a real SH775, I would recommend you post a picture of the part number. Members of the GS Resources website are warned to about vendors selling SHUNT MOSFET regulators under the pretense that they are SH775 equivalents which they are NOT.
    We maintain a vendor list of cheapest prices for SH-775s and yours would be the cheapest if it is a NEW real SH-775.

- posplayr

To: posplayr
    Subject: Re: Other: posplayr sent a message about New Voltage Regulator Rectifier for 760cc Polaris 800 RZR 2011-2014 #141696818748
    Sent Date: Nov-16-15 10:15:22 PST

Dear posplayr,

That part number is: SH775
    Thanks, DB Electrical

Comment

What exactly does that mean?

Isn't SH775 a Shindengen part number?

They never addressed whether or not it was a MOSFET SHUNT or a serial R/R...or did they?

Comment

I think I did; "it is not real"

Comment

"Dear posplayr,

All of our parts are brand new aftermarket parts. This isn't an OEM SH775.

Thanks, DB Electrical"

Clear enough for me! It maybe might possibly be a series unit ,BUT without Shindengen's reputation.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

This is what got me worrying and pretty much muddies the waters. It looks like a Shindengen housing and may be, they made a lot of Shunt R/R's with the same style heat sink. If that is the case that makes DB Electrical suspect. "Replaces part numbers" is usually an improvement of the same part or small design change:
            "Replaces these part numbers:
            ARROWHEAD APO6016
            POLARIS 4012941
            SHINDENGEN SH775"
            Last edited by OldVet66; 12-15-2015, 06:22 PM.
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Trouble is that any vendor can sell a shunt r/r as a direct replacement for virtually any of these r/r. The sysyts were originally equipped so and even if it came with an sh775 from the factory the vendors can still claim it is an Oem replacement. Wishing it is a series r/r when it is not labeled ax sh775 is just that wishing.

Comment

Not "wishing" here. Just want to get a definitive yes or no answer. Of course it's not an OEM, that is not the question. Has anyone actually tested one of them or is this just someone's conclusion that these are shunt-type R&Rs? It's a legitimate question and is not a personal attack.

Comment

The Answer would be no and we don't really know. The company is being somewhat evasive and pricing would lead me to believe these are not Series R/R's and statements made cover them legally, but they are not volunteering any definitive information as to Jim's question except they are not OEM. If they have quality Series R/R's at that price they would sell a ton of them. There are enough red flags there for me to highly distrust them. An oh yes, these are Series R/R's made by________, would be the only thing that would make me consider looking at one. At least that is something I could look up for conformation.
                  Last edited by OldVet66; 12-15-2015, 07:21 PM.
                  http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I found another web site that is advertising the same price pictures and language about the parts. I will call their 800 number tomorrow and ask them exactly what they are selling during business hours.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                      The Answer would be no and we don't really know. The company is being somewhat evasive and pricing would lead me to believe these are not Series R/R's and statements made cover them legally, but they are not volunteering any definitive information as to Jim's question except they are not OEM. If they have quality Series R/R's at that price they would sell a ton of them. There are enough red flags there for me to highly distrust them. An oh yes, these are Series R/R's made by________, would be the only thing that would make me consider looking at one. At least that is something I could look up for conformation.
                      Well, I asked them that specific question via email. If they don't give a definitive answer, I'll shop elsewhere.

Comment

Maybe db stands for dirty buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
                          Well, I asked them that specific question via email. If they don't give a definitive answer, I'll shop elsewhere.
                          Please do the website a service by ordering one of the units and measuring the performance so you can report it here. Then after great debate and several rounds of disbelief we will know for maybe.
                          Last edited by posplayr; 12-16-2015, 03:23 AM.

Comment

I called another web site with the exact same price and advertisement as DB. They said it is listed as Shunt. I,m on my phone, will post up the URL when I get back to my computer. It has to be the same product in my mind but decide for yourself: http://www.totalpowerparts.com/p-499...2011-2014.aspx
                            Last edited by OldVet66; 12-16-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

When it comes to electrical I just follow what Posplayr says. It has saved me a lot of time, he has it figured out.

Comment

Working...
                              X