Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stator grommet part # help

Hey all,

Planning a preventative stator replacement for this winter, I am looking for the little grommet that the stator wires pass thru, my fische shows it as part of the stator, not a separate part. Say it ain't so. Anybody know if I can get that little sucker separately?? Thanks!

stator diagram here: http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemp...-cover-model-d

Greg
    1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

I don't think it is available separate. Some new stators come with them but others don't. I believe you can carefully cut the old one of and put it on the new stator with some RTV. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will come along and corroborate my above statements or prove me wrong.
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

you mean the rubber grommet where the stator wires exit the engine?
      I reuse the old one. measure the distance from stator carefully to put it on the new stator's wires....pull the old wires through it- you will need to cut off the bullet connectors. Putting the rubber in some hot water or wrapped with hot rag will help it slide without damage.

If it does get wrecked( it shouldn't, but...) a big glob of goo will do or repair the broken grommet with it. There isn't any oil level up there where they exit - just some spray and drips

ps save the old sheathing if its in good shape. Handy.

Comment

ech. well, ok, then. thanks. I prefer putting things back to "new" whenever I do work. Ah, well. Thanks again!
        1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Last one I did, I moulded a new grommet out of diy Sugru (silicone rtv and sodium bicarb). It stood up ok, but that one wasn't in long-term use, so can't say how well it does.
          ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
          X