Marker Lights Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marker Lights Not Working

Last spring when I was getting my 1982 GS850L ready for the road, I noticed the turn signal lights do not stay on when it is running. They work fine as turn signal lights, but otherwise they are off. I checked all the fuses, and they are fine. The wiring on this bike has never been molested. I have a schematic of the wiring system, but I can't seem to figure out what leaves them on. What am I missing?

Originally posted by Houndawg76 View Post
    Last spring when I was getting my 1982 GS850L ready for the road, I noticed the turn signal lights do not stay on when it is running. They work fine as turn signal lights, but otherwise they are off. I checked all the fuses, and they are fine. The wiring on this bike has never been molested. I have a schematic of the wiring system, but I can't seem to figure out what leaves them on. What am I missing?
    You're not missing anything. They are only turn signal lights. I have the same bike, that's how they were designed.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
    1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

If you have a Vetter fairing the front signal lights are always on when the bike is running. There is a plug in harness and the turn signals are a double filament bulb, the other filament is the blinker. This may not be the case with all fairings but with mine it is. I like this, as when riding at night, oncoming drivers will be able to distinguish between a motorcycle and a car with a burnt out headlight.

Comment

I don't have a fairing on my bike, just a windshield. I also checked the turn signal lights, and they're single filament bulbs.

Comment

Daytime running lights are a good idea, so consider upgrading to a two filament turn signal/marker or just add something like I did a few years back. It seems to help make you more noticeable , but don't count on it. Camera flash exaggerates my led lights.
          Attached Files
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X