Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket ignition switch for GSX750ES/GS750ES 1983-1985

Hi All,

I'm restoring my GSX750ES and I need to buy an ignition switch.
    I saw the aftermarket switch linked below that looks exactly the same at a fraction of the cost.
    The listing of supported bikes does not inculde my bike but it looks exactly the same. Does anybody know if this swtich that filts all GS bikes till 1983 Suzuki GS650M Katana, will indeed fit the GSX750ES ?

Good question,one I'd like an answer to as well since my ignition switch is messed up

Comment

When you open the link there there`s a search feature at the top left that should help.
      Mike
      sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
      1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelj_444 View Post
        When you open the link there there`s a search feature at the top left that should help.
        Mike
        The search feature doesn't include the GSX750ES. Still there is a high chance that this is the same switch. It looks exactly the same in shape and color. It has the same plug and has the same number of wires.
        I decided to take the risk and buy it. I'll keep you updated ...
        Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2016, 07:10 AM.

Comment

The aftermarket ignition switch ended up being exactly similar to the original. I costs 1/4 of the original.
          Buy Emgo 40-71010 Ignition Switch: Switches - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

Comment

What do you mean by exactly similar?

Comment

I presume it fitted and worked, then.
              Which is good, as I'd spotted that same unit, but listed nearly everything except the GS850. X-reffing the Emgo part number brought up another seller who had my bikes listed for that part, so it seems good to go.
              I'm getting bored with teh Hyster ignition switch - it's nowhere near as convenient as the OEM switch to use.
              ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                What do you mean by exactly similar?
                I see no difference whatsoever. Is it a case of OEM = Aftermarket ?

Comment

Good!That's what I thought you meant but wanted to be sure

Comment

Working...
                  X