No announcement yet.

Completed single point ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"is there a model number and source that you would share?" The the model number is in my signature, It took about two seconds to find this so I'm sure there are other sources (Amazon reminded me that I had purchased this item five years ago and I have had absolutely no problems with it): http://www.amazon.com/Compu-Fire-Reg.../dp/B0035U7LRM
    Last edited by OldVet66; 05-01-2016, 09:12 AM.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
      "is there a model number and source that you would share?" The the model number is in my signature, It took about two seconds to find this so I'm sure there are other sources (Amazon reminded me that I had purchased this item five years ago and I have had absolutely no problems with it): http://www.amazon.com/Compu-Fire-Reg.../dp/B0035U7LRM
      Thank you. It took me a little longer to make sure I was looking at the right one but Amazon does seem to be have the best price.
      sigpic
      1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
      1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
      1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
      On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
      All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Are you referring to this?

I did not bother to reread the thread but from my post 2 years ago it was the SH-775 that has the shortcomings not the compufire.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ES-R-R-Install
        No I hadn't seen that. I was referring to this:

Thanks again for bringing electrical engineering to the electrically challenged!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
          No I hadn't seen that. I was referring to this:

Thanks again for bringing electrical engineering to the electrically challenged!
          You are welcome,

But is this post you are looking for comment on?
          If it is it is high revving issues with the SH-775.
          Also look at where the source of the info is coming from. Jack at Roadstercycle.
          I sells everything and anything apparently and with a nice markup. Does that make him a technical authority?

I have a Honda CBR1000RR-06 which has the same problems as many 04-05 models and your VFRs, ruined stator.
          I've read through this topic that the Series type R/R is better from the life of the stator but Jack at Roadstercycle and some really helpful guys on here have told me that the SH775 will not be good for my high revving bike, especially the way I ride, and to go with the FH020 instead but I don't want to order the FH020 if there will be a new Series R/R from Shindengen shortly or a different make out there.
          Please advise me.
          Last edited by posplayr; 05-01-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

You are welcome,

But is this post you are looking for comment on?
            If it is it is high revving issues with the SH-775.
            Also look at where the source of the info is coming from.
            I sells everything and anything apparently and with a nice markup. Does that make him a technical authority?
            Oh, I missed the motive aspect of the post. I just figured you would know if there was an issue regarding the high revving--and you did.
            Last edited by glib; 05-01-2016, 03:32 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, I missed the motive aspect of the post. I just figured you would know if there was an issue regarding the high revving--and you did.
              I thought I had edited that last statement about Fake out. There was a fake Series R/R out there as listed in teh GS Stator thread, but it was NOT Roadstercycle. PLEASE REMOVE THAT SENTENCE FROM THE QUOTE BEFORE IT SPREADS ANY FURTHER.

And some fake SERIES R/R's (STAY AWAY)
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=173731
              You have to realize that the best information about GS cycles is here at the GSR(search here for info). Not to say that there is not a lot of good information on the web. There are other motorcycles where a MOSFET R/R works because it has different thermal characteristics.

Having said that from a fundamental engineering standpoint the Series architecture is hands down much better than SHUNT. SHUNT has been probably one of the worst elements of motorcycle electrical systems for the last 30 years.
              Last edited by posplayr; 05-01-2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I thought I had edited that last statement about Fake out. There was a fake Series R/R out there as listed in teh GS Stator thread, but it was NOT Roadstercycle. PLEASE REMOVE THAT SENTENCE FROM THE QUOTE BEFORE IT SPREADS ANY FURTHER.

And some fake SERIES R/R's (STAY AWAY)

You have to realize that the best information about GS cycles is here at the GSR(search here for info). Not to say that there is not a lot of good information on the web. There are other motorcycles where a MOSFET R/R works because it has different thermal characteristics.

Having said that from a fundamental engineering standpoint the Series architecture is hands down much better than SHUNT. SHUNT has been probably one of the worst elements of motorcycle electrical systems for the last 30 years.
                OK I removed the reference from your quote in my post #50. You'll have to remove it from your post #49.
                sigpic

Comment

OK I removed the reference from your quote in my post #50. You'll have to remove it from your post #49.
                  In post #50 it is still there......

"It is listed in GS Stator as a ......"

I already edited this from #49.

I just don't want to imply that Roadstercycle is selling anything Fake, he just sells GENUINE of everything.

Comment

In post #50 it is still there......

I already edited this from #49.

I just don't want to imply that Roadstercycle is selling anything Fake, he just sells GENUINE of everything.[/I][/COLOR]
                    I see. I thought you meant the reference to Roadstercycle. I think I got the right line now. Good?
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X