rotor assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rotor assembly

Hi , can any one help with this problem , one of the magnets has broken in halve and can be pulled out of the housing would it still work OK if i glued the broken piece back in to the housing the rotor assembly is out of a gs750 1979 2 valve motor

Too risky- your glue would likely fail at high temp and revs with unpleasant results. Look for used rotor ,remembering that your 1979 model had a 12 pole stator and needs a rotor to match.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Agreed with replacing the rotor. Do not attempt to repair the broken magnet.
      http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
      1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Treat this as a perfect opportunity to see if the later 80-onwards 18-pole rotor and stator will fit from the GS850. Instant electrical upgrade, from wheezy and awful, to wheezy but tolerable.
        ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Thank you guy's for the reply's and advice ,i will try the 18 pole conversion and let you know how it went.

Comment

hello i am curious if where you found the 18 pole rotor. i have a 18 pole stator now just looking for the rotor
            thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X