1100E 1150 stator wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100E 1150 stator wiring question

I just finised a 1150 swap into my 1100E.. the 3 wires off the 1100e stator are different color from the 1150.. the 1150 stator wires are all yellow... whats the trick to matching these wires up?

thanks in advance..

No trick at all just hook them up there is no phase relationship. While you are at it think about replacing the R/R with a Series R/R and maybe the stator will never burn out.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by evh View Post
      I just finised a 1150 swap into my 1100E.. the 3 wires off the 1100e stator are different color from the 1150.. the 1150 stator wires are all yellow... whats the trick to matching these wires up?

thanks in advance..
      no trick- colors don't matter. But make sure you connect them directly to r/r . And hopefully you read the stuff about series r/r's .

edit : I'm too slow!
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Ok thanks gentlemen. I figured so because when I tested them with my meter I got .9 ohm on each of the wires.

Comment

Working...
        X