Brake light Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light Help

I got my GS1100e. I noticed the PO had ran a hot wire to the brake light. So I removed the jump Wire. The running light is fine, but I have no brake light. I check relay. It had a couple bare wires. So I got a new relay. Still no brake light from the foot pedal or the lever. Is there a fuse somewhere. That I haven't found? Any help would be Great. Oh The bulb is fine. The jump wire was jacked into the foot pedal if I hook it up it works. I just want the brake light right. Not all jacked around with jump wires.

What relay? The only thing that is a relay on a stock 1100E is the starter solenoid. There is no relay anywhere else on the bike.

There is a fuse for SIGNALS. It handles the turn signals, brake light and horn. If you have turn signals and horn, your fuse is good.

Power should run from that fuse to both brake switches, then from both switches to the light.

Comment

Check light fixture to make sure bulb base is at negative side of power- sometimes wires get reversed causing oddities with twin filament bulbs.

" Not all jacked around with jump wires." Hey, nothing wrong with jumper wires- I got plenty for backup purposes.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Id be sure the jumper wire was fused though

Comment

Working...
        X