Headlight wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight wiring.

Hoping someone can help me sort this out. I tried cleaning / re-shaping the contact in the original switch.. to which my suprise pieces went flying and couldn't get it back together. I bought a used switch off ebay. 550L and am having a hard time figuring out where to hook the headlight in.

The original had a spliced yellow wire into the harness and the black/ w was already in place. This new one doesn't have either. I've looked up schematics and none of the wiring diagrams have matching colors. If i can get a pic of someones wiring? I've got an 82 GS550M

Thanks

Your 82 model lost the headlight on/off switch- light always on with ignition on: is this ebay switch similar? Here's a 650 wiring diagram- should be real similar
    Attached Files
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I ended up using some scotch locks on the wires. Just took the yellow and white wire from the headlight socket and splicing them into the yellow and white wires on the harness. It works. Only thing now is my starter button acts flacky like its not making contact sometimes.... Hasn't tried to start while flying down the road yet so i'll leave that for another day.

Comment

Working...
      X