Where is the MAIN FUSE located?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the MAIN FUSE located?

I get no power when I turn the key but I do here a click. I know where the fuse panel is but is there another I'm missing? I tried to unscrew a 5 prong connector(just above the glass fuse panel) and it sparked and now no power.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2016, 09:53 PM.

What bike????????????????
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Inquiring minds wanna know... LOL

Comment

1980 gs850g Also I can only locate 2 wires coming from my stator that connect to the R/R?

Comment

In an 850, the MAIN fuse is the fourth one down in the fuse box. "From which end" you ask? Starting at the end away from the ACC terminals. The fuses, in order, are LIGHTS, SIGNALS, IGNITION, MAIN, ACC.

In the stock wiring configuration, two of the stator wires go directly to the R/R. The third one disappears into the harness, only to reappear with a different color stripe and finally connect at the R/R. Do yourself (and your bike) a favor, disconnect both of those junctions and connect the stator directly to the R/R.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I changed all the glass fuses to new ones and still no power. I had power when I made contact with the screw that holds the 5 prong switch, then nothing. Any ideas? None of the old fuses looked blown.

Comment

get a voltmeter

Comment

Yes sir, please understand that I'm new to this and I'm learning as I go which I thoroughly enjoy. Here's a pic showing what I was trying to loosen when it sparked. hope this helps.20160421_003236.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                  get a voltmeter
                  Or, at least a test light.

Sometimes it's nice to know "yes, I have power" or "no, I don't have power" instead of knowing that you have 11.8 volts.

Comment

Per the picture the wiring in your bike is not orginal Suzuki. So... anything here is a guess.

If you turn the ignition switch on, do you get any lights? Panel? Headlight? Try charging/changing/checking the battery..

Comment

Originally posted by dbraz7 View Post
                      Yes sir, please understand that I'm new to this and I'm learning as I go which I thoroughly enjoy. Here's a pic showing what I was trying to loosen when it sparked. hope this helps.[ATTACH=CONFIG]45191[/ATTACH]
                      It looks like who ever had teh bike before did a pretty good job. Looks li
                      ke a SPG and Relay with fresh stator wires.

There maybe a fuse going to that relay that powers the whole thing and you blew that. Get a volt meter.

Comment

Originally posted by dbraz7 View Post
                        Yes sir, please understand that I'm new to this and I'm learning as I go which I thoroughly enjoy. Here's a pic showing what I was trying to loosen when it sparked. hope this helps.[ATTACH=CONFIG]45191[/ATTACH]
                        Look inside that square red fuse holder which appears in the top right hand corner of your picture. The fuse inside is most likely blown. That red wire supplies power to the relay.
                        1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

2BRacing,you were right about the fuse. There was a 15amp modern plastic fuse in there Thanks!. Posplayr, Yes the fella I bought it is a diesel mechanic and took good care of it.
                          I did some testing on the R/R Here are my results(R/R was removed from bike for testing) FIRST test from Stator Papers Fault Finding Chart were all .0v. SECOND test were.471 .472 and .471v THIRD test were all .0 and the FOURTH test were .468 .468 .468v
                          I tested the stator but only with the first two tests as I removed the R/R and could not start it. FIRST test .7 .6 .7 ohms SECOND test were all 0.
                          So I would think my R/R is done? The one I have now is aftermarket I think with this on the back: TMR541-1230 0233-CN20160421_132803.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X