Wiring Diagram for 82 650E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Diagram for 82 650E

Does anyone have a colored wiring diagram for the 82 GS 650E? I'm trying to figure out why my signal fuse keeps blowing. The Bikecliff link doesn't seem to work anymore.

The signal fuse powers the signals (obviously), the brake light, the horns and the warning lights on the instrument panel.

Most obvious place to start is to see if one of the horn wires has come loose and is touching the frame.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

This is likely real close to the 650E
      Attached Files
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

If you are using Internet Explorer 11 then add Basscliff's site to your compatibility view settings to view the files
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Tom, thanks for the diargam! That's a whole lot easier to read then the black and white one in the clymer manual. And I'm pretty sure it's exactly what I need. The Z designation is for shaft driven models, correct? Who Dat, thanks for the suggestion about the horn. Unfortunately it isn't going to be that easy for me. The horn is fine. I did discover thought that my brake light does not work at all, not with the front or rear brake. I pulled the seat and headlight out and did a quick check of the wires, but there were no obvious signs of a short. Just another gremlin to find on this bike.

And Cowboy, the only times I use Internet Explorer are to download another browser. But thanks for thinking about that. It just seems that the links for all the 650 wiring diagrams are bad. It does mention that they (650 Diagrams) were provided by someone else. So maybe they were just takes down.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2016, 08:52 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

The Z and D designation in that diagram denote year. Z is 1982 and D is 1983. That is the diagram for your bike.

Comment

Working...
            X