Side stand switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side stand switch

My side stand switch on my 81 1100e appears to be non- functional. I've Ohm'd it out at the switch, and nothing. Do those things come apart, or do I have to start searching for one?

Does the light just stay " on or off " ? Note the diode involved with this switch.... Similar wiring diagram

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The light never comes on, and I believe it's an LED from when I had the panel apart last year - no reason for that to ever burn out. All of the other indicators on that indicator panel work, including the one for the battery level. I had to hook that one to 12v to get it go out.
      My schematic only shows a switch (no diode), and there's a note saying that on 81 1100EX, it's for battery level. It also says its for side stand on 80 1100EL.
      The switch has a stiff rubber boot that I can pull back just enough to see the contacts, so I'm checking for continuity there. The plunger seems to pull normally - fairly stiff spring, but I get no contact even when pulling it all the way out. The unit doesn't look like it wants to comes apart. I'll try testing the light.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X