Kill Switch Won't Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60ratrod View Post
    so i hooked it up as recommended, using the factory ignitor o/w for the 12vdc input, and the original fault changed. now, when i turn the key on, i have no fault. next i turn the kill switch on, and i get a fault. now if i leave the kill switch on and turn the ignition key off, everthing shuts off, like it should instead of getting that feedback fault i was getting. but, with the dyna connected and the kill switch on, i am only receiving .1 vdc. yes that's correct, .1vdc at the coils and at the harness connection for the dyna. so at this juncture, i'm guessing that the dyna is doneski. and just for shins and grins, i even connected it to pin 8, and still get a fault. i think the dyna is internally shorted. maybe it needs a return trip to dynatek, or i just bite the bullet and get another, and just swap the sensors over to the modified plate.
    You should have 0.1V on one or the other ignitor outputs (the coil (-) depending upon which one is about to fire. Both should NOT be at 0.1v at the same time . If you get 0.1V on both coils(-)'s at the same time then the Dyna is Bad.

Just to confirm as you rotate teh engine teh coil (-) should go from 12V down to 0.1 and back up cycling. The other coils should be opposite.

I'm not sure what you mean by 0.1v at the "harness connection". You mean the O/W is being pulled down to 0.1V? That suggests a coil is shorted.

John,
    Can you call me?

Things are wacky and you should try to get to a baseline.
    Disconnect the Dyna-S and connect only one coil to the O/W. Then ground the other side of that coil. Make sure you can power the coil through the O/W powered SSPB output without having a fault. Dont leave it on too long the coil will get hot.

This will test if the SSPB can power a coil without a fault. If it fails you could have a shorted coil. Try the other coil and see what you get. I would be surprised by two shorted coils so one or the other should work. Depending what you find out we can actually measure the current.
    Last edited by posplayr; 06-04-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Well after a phone assist with Pos, we got it figured down to the dyna unit, as i had thought, but now confirmed. However, the dyna unit has decided it wants to work for the time being, but i went ahead and ordered a new one, which i will keep as a spare until this one acts up again (fingers crossed that it won't). I got it to start and shut off several times with both the key and kill switch with no faults, no matter how i shut it off

Without Pos's assit, and he's provided a ton, i would still be chasing my tail like an overly excited puppy
      Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2016, 02:31 AM.

Comment

The symptoms suggest that the power wire on the dyna-s is shorting on and off. Check the entire length of the wire for abare spot that could be shorting.

the sometimes it works sometimes it shorts operation of the Dyn-s is not indicative of failures of the dyna-s circuits

Comment

Working...
        X