Bullet Connectors for Coil Inputs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet Connectors for Coil Inputs?

Bike is an 82 1100E. I am planning on doing the coil relay mod and would like to use bullet connectors to allow me to avoid permanently altering the wiring harness but I have read they are not a standard 0.157" or 0.197" size. What size do I need? I have seen links to fleabay sellers that have the correct sizes, but have had no luck searching here to find a current link. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks,
    Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

There is no need to change the coil connections.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Posplayr, thanks for the link. Does anybody have a link to a supplier of the bullet connectors?

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Cycle Terminal - We have Your wiring Needs. OEM Style Japanese Motorcycle Wiring Terminals and Connectors for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda Motorcycles, from the 60’s to the 90’s. Motorcycle electric products and accessories, Motorcycle Fuse Box's, Bullet Terminals, Spade Terminals and Connectors, Adhesive lined Dual wall Shrink tube, Headlight Relay Kits, Horn Relay Kits, Auxiliary Lighting Kits, Accessory Relay Kits,and more.

Comment

Personally I would rather use waterproof spade connectors. They tend to be more reliable and carry higher current for the given size. That's what I used.
          http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
          1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
            Personally I would rather use waterproof spade connectors. They tend to be more reliable and carry higher current for the given size. That's what I used.
            I don't want to cut anything on the harness, I want to plug the Orange/green wires at their connectors into the 12V output from the relay. Hence, needing to match to the oddball size Suzuki connectors. Posplayr, thanks for the cycle terminal link.

Mark
            1982 GS1100E
            1998 ZX-6R
            2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

With the link I sent all you have to do is power the O/W someplace downstream of the right hand switch. You can do this various ways including just splicing into that single wire. No reason to touch the coils or add adapter cables.

Comment

Working...
              X