Where to wire in front brake switch..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to wire in front brake switch..?

I'm in the process of a full brake system overhaul as part of my 550ET restoration. All calipers and rear mc all came apart albeit with some difficulty. Front mc is another story.
    Eventually got the circlip out but everything else is well and truly seized. Looking through the forum it would seem many have fitted newer mc's.
    To that end I'm getting a 600 Bandit mc from fleabay. As has been said, it has the advantage of an adjustable lever as well.
    It also has a brake light switch that my bike does not have.....rear only. Looking at the forum again it seems these are problematic but most have fitted the hydraulic switches.
    My question is this
    If any of you have fitted these to a bike like mine that didn't have the wiring.......what was the best or easiest place to break into the wiring and fit the connectors...?
    All help greatly appreciated.
    Keith

Look inside the headlamp shell, the connectors are in there. Look on bikecliffs site for a wire diagram
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

As above, look in the headlamp shell. You should find an orange/green bullet connector, and a white one.

I also had trouble with my front master cylinder. It took several cycles of heat/penetrating oil before I got it apart, and the internals were pretty mangled by the time I'd finished.If you're not worried about originality, then the Bandit m/c is probably both cheaper and an improvement.
      1980 GS550ET

Comment

That's great, I anticipated having to break into the loom. Really good to have the forum for all the info. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X