DYNA S electronic tacho wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
    It is adjustable between 1k and 11k, has jumpers on it to change it from a 4,6 or 8 cyl engine. I will have to experiment with those jumpers when it is fitted.
    Okay perfect, it seems setting it to 4 cylinder should work fine then as that should equal 2 PPR assuming the shift light was built for an automotive distributor system with a single coil.
    1983 GS650G
    Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66251.0

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyC View Post
      Okay perfect, it seems setting it to 4 cylinder should work fine then as that should equal 2 PPR assuming the shift light was built for an automotive distributor system with a single coil.
      Hopefully, just ordered the diodes, 99p for 10 delivered, much better than £25 for the cable from Dynatek!!!
      Will post up results when i get it all connected up. Thanks for the help JonnyC.
      Maybe someone should add this mod to Basscliff's website, would be very helpful info for someone in the future.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

A word of caution while this appears to work on the trail tech, it might not work if the tach is expecting a 0-5 or 0-12v signal.

The trail tech is an AC signal input that those diodes can create but would probsbly be in compatiable with the DC signals mentioned.

Yea I know the dytech used diodes but there are various was to use them depending upon the type of input.

you are going to apply 12v to the tach input so as long as it can handle that there will be no damage so give it a try.
        Last edited by posplayr; 10-03-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

All connected up and tested, works as it should. only tested it by statically revving the engine but light appears to come on when the tacho roughly coincides with the dial on the shift light. will test better when i next take it for a ride.
          The tacho signal cable works fine with the diodes, started as normal and no sign of misfire or ignition issues.
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Awesome! Glad it worked!
            1983 GS650G
            Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66251.0

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyC View Post
              Awesome! Glad it worked!
              Thanks for the info Jonny.
              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
              X