81 gs550l wiring help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs550l wiring help.

I'm building a custom harness for a friends bike and all of the wiring diagrams I've looked at are not lining up with what I'm seeing. I'm trying to figure out which wire is which. On the green plug coming out of the ignition switch there is a orange,grey,brown,and red wire. On the killswitch/start button there is a orange,orange/white, and a green/yellow wire

Wire colors that transition from harness to the external loops to say right hand switch might not be labeled on the schematic.When in doubt refer to harness side and what colors come out on what pins.

It is all very consistent although perhaps circuitous.

BATTERY->RED->"T"->RED->IGN SW->ORANGE->FUSE BOX->O/W->Kill Switch->OW out of the kill switch and G/Y out of kill switch

nothing wrong with the factory schematics; beware of all others

Look at this for a little help

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Thanks that Actually helped a little bit I managed to figure out the issues. The harness is built now the motor runs there's just no lights hooked in yet. One problem I'm noticing though is it will die consistently. I can't tell if its a fueling issue or not but when I try and measure voltage on the battery its going crazy any time I try and put my multimeter near my bike while its running.

Comment

Working...
      X