No announcement yet.

How Best to Build out a Side Stand Light Circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qty 2 (two) Flashing Red LED dash bulbs.

YES IT FLASHES (about once per second).

Works great for kick stand warning lights or anything else.

NO FUSE REQUIRED; NO RESISTOR REQUIRED +12V systems only

$11 shipped USPS USA. paypal me at solidstatepowerbox@gmail.com;

make sure your shipping address is included and I'll get it out after payment

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Still going to need the switch.
      Have a look (zoomable pic)HERE part#14 (Dang, like $65+ 10 shipping, salvage one much less, idea)

I was trying to think how to describe the switch on my GSX1100G (It's connected to engine cutoff, dangerous to cut off while turning and hit a bump with traffic for example...)
      It's most like the Dome light switch mounted in the door of my F-150. Almost exactly similar.

The kickstand has an area that contacts the push switch and as seen in diagram linked, the two wires run up to a connector (could be used for warning light instead) .
      Been thinking of how to best delete these wires on mine actually(?)(unplug and connect a jumper wire in plug ??)

Just hit me I need to repair my right hand control ,engine cutoff switch (just needs clean probably but dunno IF wiring is functional/intact even ,yet). Maybe I could rewire to whatever connector the sidestand cut-off uses...(!!! Thanks!)

The switch in OP is exactly same type as in microwave oven doors (usually about 2 + in a junk microwave).
      It'd be "normally closed" [EDIT:OOps, "normally open"] so the light comes on with door open , or normally open for...(something)
      Can attach a rubber band and push from other direction to reverse the function , by the way.

Maybe you could connect the switch to one of those bug zapper swatter things to the handlebar and it would become reflex to flip sidestand up after once or twice (like bumping kneecap on truck trailer hitch couple times before instinctively walking around?) [/jke]

Sorry to hear about your mishap, glad wasn't worse. (reminded me of one of own entering a turn and a glasses lense fell out , had visor open on full-face...entrance to highway, ...400cc MC ...BANG, gravel...beer buzz causes less tensing up, and less injury sometimes... (Long time ago)

EDIT2: URGH! I typed "sometimes" after "injury" But used italic and now it's blank AND IF I tap into sidestand cutoff for handgrip switch, it'll only cutoff in gear! ...Maybe try a salvage dome light and or study the factory sidestand switch designs was point is all...(I don't wear glasses any more, had Lasik, AND I don't drink ever anymore, old story, BTW)
      Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2016, 10:21 PM.

Comment

This is a great idea.

When I used race my lowered street bike (stubby little side stand) there was more the once I forgot to "gear up"
        in the staging lanes. Fortunately someone pointed it out to me so I didn't do a Joey Chitwood move coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by BurntKittyForge View Post
          Still going to need the switch.
          Have a look (zoomable pic)HERE part#14 (Dang, like $65+ 10 shipping, salvage one much less, idea)

I was trying to think how to describe the switch on my GSX1100G (It's connected to engine cutoff, dangerous to cut off while turning and hit a bump with traffic for example...)
          It's most like the Dome light switch mounted in the door of my F-150. Almost exactly similar.

The kickstand has an area that contacts the push switch and as seen in diagram linked, the two wires run up to a connector (could be used for warning light instead) .
          Been thinking of how to best delete these wires on mine actually(?)(unplug and connect a jumper wire in plug ??)

Just hit me I need to repair my right hand control ,engine cutoff switch (just needs clean probably but dunno IF wiring is functional/intact even ,yet). Maybe I could rewire to whatever connector the sidestand cut-off uses...(!!! Thanks!)

The switch in OP is exactly same type as in microwave oven doors (usually about 2 + in a junk microwave).
          It'd be "normally closed" [EDIT:OOps, "normally open"] so the light comes on with door open , or normally open for...(something)
          Can attach a rubber band and push from other direction to reverse the function , by the way.

Maybe you could connect the switch to one of those bug zapper swatter things to the handlebar and it would become reflex to flip sidestand up after once or twice (like bumping kneecap on truck trailer hitch couple times before instinctively walking around?) [/jke]

Sorry to hear about your mishap, glad wasn't worse. (reminded me of one of own entering a turn and a glasses lense fell out , had visor open on full-face...entrance to highway, ...400cc MC ...BANG, gravel...beer buzz causes less tensing up, and less injury sometimes... (Long time ago)
          I think most all of the 1100E's have a side stand switch. I have that as well.

Comment

I was adding "EDIT 2" there and hoping nobody had read yet LOL.
            My point was to maybe study those for inspiration on his version was all , maybe with substituted parts, things for imagination ...There's probably a zoomable diagram of that year GS 1100E as well.
            Just first "zoomable link" that came to mind. was all.
            Thanks

Comment

3) D#$%^& ...Third reply BUT, what about using the switch for the rear brake light , attached to frame where kickstand will contact it?

Those are durable, weather-resistant AND in the link (different bike for example purpose) That switch costs $12.54 NEW!
              Just another thought...(Burned out from work/ typing fast,at the moment) wife actually home for change...

Comment

I know they started with the '82 model year and that my son's 650L does not have one. I just checked an '82 750 parts fiche and saw one, so basically, all the '82 and newer GSes had them if they were 750cc or larger.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by BurntKittyForge View Post
                  3) D#$%^& ...Third reply BUT, what about using the switch for the rear brake light , attached to frame where kickstand will contact it?

Those are durable, weather-resistant AND in the link (different bike for example purpose) That switch costs $12.54 NEW!
                  Just another thought...(Burned out from work/ typing fast,at the moment) wife actually home for change...
                  I think this is a better idea than the micro switch which I don't find to be all that reliable...
                  an even simple idea is an strap of spring steel (insulated from frame) which makes contact to frame when the kickstand is deployed... and I might even not bother with a separate light. I'd maybe just use the oil-pressure lamp circuit (if the light doesn't go out, you won't take off until you remember what else you need to do!)

Comment

Thanks Gormin; actually I'm purchasing a couple of older side stand switches from other bikes and adapting it to mine. I also worked out a "lipstick" holder for the light today using a cover that Charmayne isn't using anymore. I'll post pictures once I have it assembled.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                    X