GS550E Stator/Rotor Qestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
    With the green wire just cut off, the sh-232 can't dump any excess to ground, so unpleasant things would happen. But I don't see how any current would flow to the r/r - I'd guess it would be an open circuit condition with no current flowing from stator.The black sense wire needs to be connected to a +12 volt source so it can decide how much to regulate/dump the stator's output. Your stator was probably toasted before the sh-232 was added.
    It's me again, unwrapping isolation tape I found that SH232 is connected in different way: yellow's are connected to stator, green is not cut and is going to ground, but red and black are joined together and soldered to one positive wire. Can you tell me if this can be a reason why stator was cooked ?
    I ordered new stator "Electrex G01" and don't want to loose it by making someones mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomi View Post
      It's me again, unwrapping isolation tape I found that SH232 is connected in different way: yellow's are connected to stator, green is not cut and is going to ground, but red and black are joined together and soldered to one positive wire. Can you tell me if this can be a reason why stator was cooked ?
      I ordered new stator "Electrex G01" and don't want to loose it by making someones mistake.
      The black is the voltage sense wire. So connecting the two together like that actually allows the unit to charge more accurately, the downside is that it probably will draw more current that it should becuase the sense wire always has battery voltage on it.

This is why the sense wire is typically always connected to a switched 12V source (e.g. ORANGE output of the ignition switch of O/G brake light switch)

No it would not burn anything up.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        The black is the voltage sense wire. So connecting the two together like that actually allows the unit to charge more accurately, the downside is that it probably will draw more current that it should becuase the sense wire always has battery voltage on it.

This is why the sense wire is typically always connected to a switched 12V source (e.g. ORANGE output of the ignition switch of O/G brake light switch)

No it would not burn anything up.
        Thank you posplayr, for your answer
        I'm waiting for stator and try to connect all together, hopefully it will work.

Comment

You may want to test if the "sense" wire is allowing current to flow when the bike is off with your configuration. if so, this is another reason to connect the sense wire to a "switched" circuit...on Hondas it was connected to the fuse box supply... On our bikes this would be the Orange wire .

Comment

Working...
          X