Routing & securing wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Routing & securing wiring

Nearing final assembly of a 1980 GS850G and although the manuals give some information on routing of wiring I would like more.
    Unless someone can provide a very comprehensive document on this I will try one item at a time.
    How is the wiring from the gear position switch at bottom of engine routed and secured?
    I would like to place any cable ties and/or clip as close to original positions as possible.

The other thing that I need is a clear wiring diagram equal to the one shown on page 14-58 (or Page 329 of 454) of the Suzuki GS850G Service Manual. The copy that I have is a photo copy and scanned document which is a bit hazy and greyed out.

You might get a clearer manual and colour wiring diagram here http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
    There is a metal plastic coated clip on the bottom of the crankcase bolt where the wiring exits the gear shift cover. From there the wires go inside the driveshaft, up the back of the crankcase. back of the airbox and joins the main harness on the spine with a plug over the carburettors.
    There were a number of metal ties on the spine of the frame that have corroded through. I replaced them with cable ties. The tails for the handlebar switches seem too long and I've had to do a few S turns up there under the coils. Almost as if they came from a L model although my bike is UK original and there were very few Ls around.
    Routing at the steering stem is not very clear in the manual and I've had to experiment a bit going over or under the tank mounting blocks.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Brendan W: Many thanks for your assistance

Comment

Working...
      X