Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirm choice of new stator and R/R unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirm choice of new stator and R/R unit.

Been spending a lot of time getting my 550 running and last week I put her all back together - and she fired right up running all perfect. Great satisfaction. Next up on the list is the electrical system. Right now the wiring harness is a mess. Lots of poor made repairs also just overall worn. So the plan is doing it all over, ground up.

First thing first, getting a new stator and a new R/R unit. I've been doing a lot of reading on here (really, a lot) and holy moly there's a lot of info and opinions to consume. I've been through the stator papers, various 30 page long threads and so on :P To make a long story short I've boiled it down to this:

For the stator: Electrosports ESG015

For the R/R unit: SH775

Can anyone just confirm that I'm not heading in a totally wrong direction? And also have a quick look at the R/R unit and maybe help me decide if I'm getting my hands on a non-fake/replacement version of the SH775? I've read that you can quite easily end up getting your hands on a version you don't want.

The two links listed is what's currently in my eBay shopping cart, but would like to be 100% sure that I didn't get all confused doing all the reading :P

Thank you in advance.

Normally on a SH-775 the only way to confirm is to see the part number on the end opposite the connectors.
    Those all look OEM based on the amount of mud, but no guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Normally on a SH-775 the only way to confirm is to see the part number on the end opposite the connectors.
      Those all look OEM based on the amount of mud, but no guarantees.
      Okay, thanks. I'll try and get a pic of that before I purchase it. Could you comment on the choice of stator and R/R unit? Is this the right way to go?

Comment

Originally posted by 11csive View Post
        Okay, thanks. I'll try and get a pic of that before I purchase it. Could you comment on the choice of stator and R/R unit? Is this the right way to go?
        Yes on everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Yes on everything else.
          Perfect, thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X