Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SH-775 Wiring How To Needed

All,

I've been searching on the forums for quite a bit and can't locate a how-to wire in the SH-775 R/R.

I have a 1978 GS750. Can somebody shoot me a link or diagram on how to properly wire in the SH-775? The bike has the stock charging system at the moment.

I keep coming up on dead ends. Either pictures are missing or there are references to links but can't find the original source.

Thanks

Steve

The SH-775 wires up just like all other 5 wire R/R's.

The schematic for power and grounding is at GS Charging Health in my signature and the connector pin out is at GS Stator also in my signature.

Comment

If you're not using the triumph connector, your sh-775 setup will look something like this attached pic...
      the three yellows are the wires coming direct from stator (your colors might be different) - remember you are eliminating both the stock rectifier and regulator. Read posplayr's links- don't just throw new parts on!

image.jpg
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The biggest difference on your bike is that you have separate Rectifier and Regulator. Think of them as a package, remove them both, but note where the red output wire from the regulator goes.

The three wires from the stator go directly to the three inputs on the 775. The output on the 775 should connect to the original red output wire location, the negative should connect to your single-point ground and/or the battery.

Posplayr has posted a good diagram and a good picture, can't get much easier than that.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X