!983 gs1100g R/R question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!983 gs1100g R/R question

Installing new ricks r/r, I know black wire goes direct to battery,where does red wire go? Thanks

In the trash with the rest of that R/R

Comment

I ask for help and all i get is a smart alec reply

Comment

What posplayr is telling you is that your new Rick's R/R is considerably less than what should be used. It is just a newer version of the stock R/R that obviously failed. It is typical of the type that will continue to force the stator to put out full current all the time, and waste any excess to control the voltage.

A better replacement is found on Polaris ATVs. It is made by Shindengen, model SH775. The Polaris part number is 4012941. Prices for a new one have been around $90, but some have reported increases lately. Used ones can be found on eBay for about $45, but you have to be careful what you get there, some are advertising as "Fits Polaris ...", but it is not the same item.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for your help, I'll look for one.

Comment

Originally posted by captraib View Post
            I ask for help and all i get is a smart alec reply
            What you got is what you asked for. You signed on (this is your second post), and asked about the laziest question possible. You have apparently spent zero time looking of researching and just want the simplest answer. Well you got one.

I know Steve is well intentioned, but I doubt with your attention span you can even get to the end of his post.

Comment

Wow abusing a new member just for the fun of it. You must be very proud of yourself.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                Wow abusing a new member just for the fun of it. You must be very proud of yourself.
                Now who called who a "smart alec" on the very 2nd post?

Comment

Working...
                X