1983 GS750ES stator cover gasket template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS750ES stator cover gasket template

I developed the charging system problems and diagnosed them with all the helpful info on this site!

I have the electrosport R/R on the way and it should arrive tomorrow.

When I removed the stator cover, the gasket more or less disintegrated. I was hoping to make a new one from gasket material instead of finding and replacing with OEM. I found this post with a link to gasket templates on BassCliff's site: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum.../t-148124.html
    But the link is dead: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...templates.html. I think those may have just been for 850 anyway.

Does anyone have a template for the 750? If not, I can find a scanner, scan my stator cover, and report back here with the image. Thanks.

If you have been searching this wonderful site for information, why have you not ordered the better and preferred Polaris SH775 R/R???
    1981 GS 1000GLX.
    1981 GS 1000G.
    1981 GS 650GLX.
    1975 TS 185.
    1972 100. Kawasaki.
    1968 100. Suzuki.
    1970 Z 50. Honda.
    1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
    1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

You could use the cover as a template. Put a light coat of oil on the mating surface to get your pattern transferred to the gasket material. Quick and easy.
      "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
      GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
      1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
      1979 GS1000SN The new hope
      1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostgs1 View Post
        You could use the cover as a template. Put a light coat of oil on the mating surface to get your pattern transferred to the gasket material. Quick and easy.
        Excellent. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostgs1 View Post
          Yep. You're already holding the best possible template... not everything needs to involve computers!
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Some used motorcycles dealers have a software program and a Gerber type cutter that can reproduce gaskets from many models of bikes.

Steel's in Denver does it. Ask for Bob.

Comment

Working...
            X