Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handle bar switches and controls help.

Hello,
    Does anyone know if there are universal bar controls as in turn signal, lights, ignition button for the left and right sides?
    I am trying to find new controls/switches for a 82-83 GSX 400 but they no longer make them.
    Would GS500 later models be compatible? I would love something that is almost a straight swap or at least something with minimal altering. They are also going to be fitted to clip on bars if that is must know info.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris.

I'm fairly sure you'll find the GS500 controls will fit physically, but how good are you at figuring out and doing the necessary electrical jiggery, because the connectors will surely differ.
    Example, I was pleased to find the GS500 throttle sleeve is a perfect fit inside my GS850 right hand control block, and when the other original switchgear wears out, I'll just replace the lot with GS500 items.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

There are lots of options for switchgear on fleabay if you look around. As Grimly says, fitting on the bars is no problem, but you will have to rewire one side of the connection because nothing is going to match the existing Suzuki harness.

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Working...
      X