1st Gen TSCU LED Relay Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
    Never did I call you dumb. I've said it 3x now, and I'll say it again. THE FACTORY PLUG PLUGS DIRECTLY INTO THE NEW FLASHER. I added a diagram to the original post, tell me if it's up to your standards.
    Look I give you plenty of credit for realizing how to do this mod. The notion of abstracting the flasher replacement to the connector makes knowledge of specific wiring of the harness unnecessary.That is the most important part of the modification which was obscured by the multitude of pictures that failed to show using the same connector.

The simplest explanation would be two pictures:
    1. old RELAY/old connector
    2. New relay /old connector plus ground

Nothing else required to know and anybody that looked at it would know immediately. This basic concept was lost in the explanation and certainly lost on me otherwise I would not have asked for a wiring diagram which at this point simply adds to the confusion.

The simple statement really says it all.

Originally Posted by RadRacer
    Again, I believe you're trying to over-complicate this. This is a very simple mod. Unplug the factory flasher unit, run a ground wire, and then plug in the new electronic flasher. This works only for the 1st generation TSCU that uses a 2 wire flasher. Maybe that's why the you don't recognize the plug I used?

These don't look the same; they look like you split the connector

TSCU_Gen1.jpg
    Last edited by posplayr; 01-25-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I think I'll stay with my stock set up indicators. Good points on here.

POS, you're very detailed with regards to schematics and process completion.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        These don't look the same; they look like you split the connector

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49548[/ATTACH]
        Again, it's the original connector. The connector isn't oriented exactly the same, but it will only plug in one way once the ground is on. That, plus the fact that mine cracked some when I removed it, might cause you to think it's not the same one. But I assure you, it is. I guess because I know what I'm looking at that I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          I think I'll stay with my stock set up indicators. Good points on here.

POS, you're very detailed with regards to schematics and process completion.

Ed
          My calling beckons:

Two things about this thread occured to me early on but I did not mention them as they would only seem to detract from the OP contribution. But the now the irony of it requires I spill all.

1.) It was not coincidence that the OP chose to purchase an EP-34 flasher. I would bet dollars to donuts that the inspiration for this came from my other thread on the 2nd GEN TSCU mod.

2.) The irony of this is that there is NO need to use the EP-34, as there are two pronged LED compatible flashers that abound.

3.) The final irony is that the 1st Generation TSCU's are becoming more rare each day as they currently seem to be at about 10% End-of-life for most of the existing ones. So those people needing a LED flasher for their 1st gen TCSU are going to be rare.

4.) Finally, for that rare person that has:
          A.) a working 1st gen TSCU that still works
          B.) just so happens to have a EP-34 flasher in their drawer

For this person the OP solution is majestic!
          Last edited by posplayr; 01-25-2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            My calling beckons:

Two things about this thread occured to me early on but I did not mention them as they would only seem to detract from the OP contribution. But the now the irony of it requires I spill all.

1.) It was not coincidence that the OP chose to purchase an EP-34 flasher. I would bet dollars to donuts that the inspiration for this came from my other thread on the 2nd GEN TSCU mod.

2.) The irony of this is that there is NO need to use the EP-34, as there are two pronged LED compatible flashers that abound.

3.) The final irony is that the 1st Generation TSCU's are becoming more rare each day as they currently seem to be at about 10% End-of-life for most of the existing ones. So those people needing a LED flasher for their 1st gen TCSU are going to be rare.

4.) Finally, for that rare person that has:
            A.) a working 1st gen TSCU that still works
            B.) just so happens to have a EP-34 flasher in their drawer

For this person the OP solution is majestic!
            Wow, I knew something was up from the get-go with you.

I have a working 1st Gen TSCU and I wanted to use LED turn signals. Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, I searched for someone else who's done the mod. I didn't find any. Plenty referencing the 2nd gen, but almost nothing for the first. After reading the issues people have had with the 2nd Gen TSCU, I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it and retain the auto-cancel on my bike. A quick look at the wiring diagram, and it looked like I should be able to. So, I decided to write one up for anyone else thinking about doing the mod.

1) You're right, it was not coincidence that I chose the EP34. I compared my stock setup to what the parts store had. This was the easiest replacement. Had nothing to do with your mod.
            2) You're right. I had no clue these flashers existed; all electronics flashers I've seen have been 3 or more pins. All of the 2 pin ones I've seen are mechanical.
            3) You're right again. They aren't as abundant as the 2nd gen, but there's still people out there with them. Excuse me for wanting to make things a little easier for them and sharing my knowledge.

Maybe I should put a price tag on my knowledge and charge people for it, like you do?

And, BTW, I'm no dummy either. I have plenty of experience in electronics, and this mod was a cake walk for me. I simply wanted to make it easier for those not as knowledgeable as me. I had no intentions of teaching a master wizard like yourself anything.

I will humbly bow-out now, as I am obviously inferior to you. Maybe a mod can come and clean this thread up, or even delete it. You've altered my view of TGSR and I doubt I'll be back here much

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
              Wow, I knew something was up from the get-go with you.

I have a working 1st Gen TSCU and I wanted to use LED turn signals. Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, I searched for someone else who's done the mod. I didn't find any. Plenty referencing the 2nd gen, but almost nothing for the first. After reading the issues people have had with the 2nd Gen TSCU, I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it and retain the auto-cancel on my bike. A quick look at the wiring diagram, and it looked like I should be able to. So, I decided to write one up for anyone else thinking about doing the mod.

1) You're right, it was not coincidence that I chose the EP34. I compared my stock setup to what the parts store had. This was the easiest replacement. Had nothing to do with your mod.
              2) You're right. I had no clue these flashers existed; all electronics flashers I've seen have been 3 or more pins. All of the 2 pin ones I've seen are mechanical.
              3) You're right again. They aren't as abundant as the 2nd gen, but there's still people out there with them. Excuse me for wanting to make things a little easier for them and sharing my knowledge.

Maybe I should put a price tag on my knowledge and charge people for it, like you do?

And, BTW, I'm no dummy either. I have plenty of experience in electronics, and this mod was a cake walk for me. I simply wanted to make it easier for those not as knowledgeable as me. I had no intentions of teaching a master wizard like yourself anything.

I will humbly bow-out now, as I am obviously inferior to you. Maybe a mod can come and clean this thread up, or even delete it. You've altered my view of TGSR and I doubt I'll be back here much

If you choose to be mad at me, that is your prerogative.
              If you choose to ignore me, that can be easily accomplished.
              If you choose to delete this thread, that will be a GSR loss.
              If you choose to leave, that will, I'm afraid, be your loss.

Comment

Working...
              X