Static timing, Dyna 2000 on 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static timing, Dyna 2000 on 1150

Ive done a bit of searching for a manual for an 1150 but found nothing online, except for buying one, and although bikecliffs site has the 1100 one i wasn't sure if there was a difference between 1100 and 1150s
    My relative inexperience with timing on engines in general would probably have led to a post on here to ask advice anyway.

Ive installed the Dyna 2000 on my 1150 as when i got the motor from the wreckers someone had already taken the ignition.

Im a little worried i haven't set up the static timing correctly as there doesn't seem to be any markings on the case for TDC. 1100s look to have a plate with the marking that removable, do 1150s have the same? There is a small mark through the centre of the top mounting hole that the 1100 manual seems to indicate is the 0 mark? But if i use that mark the rotor TDC mark is a fair way off when i line the cam notches up.

Do i need to find a backing plate? Any guidance would much appreciated. I intended to take it to a tuner to have it dyno'd and the jetting/timing adjusted correctly, i just want to start it at home first to check for leaks and everything electrical working ok etc.

Nate B

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
    X