Igniter Unit location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Igniter Unit location?

This may seem like a dumb question. BUT I feel like my igniter unit is either in the wrong spot... OR its missing some sorta connector. Does anyone by chance have a pic OR an exploded view of where the igniter is supposed to be mounted.

Well, you are going to have to give us a clue.

It has been said that the GSR hive-mind is rather omniscient and darn near omnipotent, but we are not yet clairvoyant.

WHAT BIKE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

It's nice that you have a location in your profile, but please also add a signature that mentions your bike.
    Does not have to be fancy, like some of us have, but something as simple as "Current bike: '8x GSxxx".

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

My igniter is mounted on the bikes frame.
      Hope that's vague enough for a very vague question.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

If this is a gs650 shafty.... The ignitor is mounted on a plate that is on bottom of air filter box. From left side,look underneath and passed the battery box. - you'll see the r/r hanging on same plate: the ignitor should be mounted right above.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
          My igniter is mounted on the bikes frame.
          Hope that's vague enough for a very vague question.
          And mine is located on the battery box.

Since you don't know what bike I have, the information is just as relevant, just as vague and just as accurate.

Comment

Sorry everyone I completely forgot to add that its an 83 GS650GL... Sorry about that. I should've double checked the post before i made it.

Circled in red in the current position of the igniter.

20161031_152935_1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dead_mike View Post
              Sorry everyone I completely forgot to add that its an 83 GS650GL...
              Now add that to a signature and you will not have to remember to mention it again.

Apparently, it's in the right spot, it won't fit in very many other places. Should be two connectors on it. One will have four wires, the other might have either two or three.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

When pods were added, stock airbox/filter were removed.....so ignitor and r/r were re located. Did you buy it like this? Did you get a box with the stock airbox stuff as a thank you gift?
                1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X